Nowadays Outlook is commonly used as an email client program. It accumulates its content on Personal Storage Table, i.e. PST files and on Offline Storage Table, i.e. OST files. OST file is being built to exert in offline mode. You can work on OST files without server connection. Using OST files you will be proficient to work in the offline mode and coordinate the changes with the exchange server, until the connection is get back.
In Windows Operating System the default position for OST files of the Outlook files are created when the “Use Offline Folders” option is chosen in MS Outlook. These files are hoarded on the hard disk drive of your system instead of the mail server. They prop up in better size more than that of PST file. You are free to modify, add, delete and the data of offline folder accurately same as server folder i.e. you can shift emails contents from one folder to another folder in it and also you can update calendar daily. The modifications that are done to the OST file will be updated when you connect with Exchange Server.
Universal reasons of OST and PST files corruption:
Sometimes corruption to the Windows OST file leads to the inaccessibility of the contents that are present in the OST files. Thus, you have a chance of missing the info present in the data. Lets go through these article to find out the reasons of OST files corruption:
- Allocation of the OST files: When you share the OST files on any network there is always a danger of some tragedies things, that can make corruption to all OST files.
- OST files could corrupt by over sizing: OST files have their size limits according to the Outlook versions. OST files containing size limit more than the specific size limit could get the OST file corrupted. If you try with scanpst.exe attribute, error message will be displayed.
- Virus contamination: Hazardous viruses will contaminate and spoil the Outlook OST files and make them inaccessible.
- Power Failure: If a power failure is occurred suddenly when you are accessing the PST files, then also the PST files destroyed.
- Unintentional deletion: You may delete unintentionally the most essential mails, contacts due to negligence. This is a factor of human error.
Tips to fix OST files with the help of efficient tool:
Your OST files may corrupt and become inaccessible, but those files are not permanently corrupted.There are different ways to repair the corrupt the OST files.
- LOST repair tool plays a significant role to repair damaged OST file on Windows 7, and in many other operating systems.
- OST repair tool efficiently repairs the OST files corrupted by above listed reasons.
- This tool is reliable to use as it will keep original content of OST files as it is.
Once the scanning is done you can save the current session to avoid the rescanning of the damaged files. Once you buy the full version of the OST repair tool then you can enjoy its all features.